Product Lead • May 2017 — Present
Working to improve the way New York City puts its money to work. Building data-driven digital products for
urban planners and city agencies that empower them to make better capital investment decisions.
Graduate Research Assistant • Jan 2017 — May 2017
Collecting data on formal and informal public transportation in cities around the world for the Urban Expansion Project.
Developer • Apr 2016 — Aug 2016
- Built web applications including an interactive and searchable web map for an international art competition with Mapbox and AngularJS.
- Wrote data export scripts and data-munging middleware in Ruby and SQL.
- Defined customer’s technical needs into concrete deliverables, including and provided high level strategic and technical direction.
Digital and Data Consultant • Aug 2014 — Jul 2015
- Lead digital strategy for the downtown development authority of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Managed a user-research driven website development project.
- Built custom APIs collecting geospatial data from proprietary and open-source APIs.
- Deployed internal digital tools including a customer relationship management platform built on Nationbuilder.
- Spoke about open data and citizen engagement at regional conferences.
Developer • Sep 2012 — Jul 2014
- Practiced test-driven development, pair-programming, and agile development.
Masters of Science, Applied Urban Science and Informatics • 2017 (anticipated)
Graduate level courses in data analytics, statistics, machine learning, urban planning and policy.
Bachelor of Arts, European History and French • 2010
Graduated Summa Cum Laude, with Honors.